Mount Martha Primary School Blog Guidelines
Blogging is a great way to share the learning that happens in the classrooms at our school with others. Understanding how to use the Internet in a secure way is a priority at Mount Martha Primary School. Each Year Level at our school has a year level blog and classroom blogs which are accessible through our school website at www.mtmarthaps.vic.edu.au
You are currently visiting the Mount Martha Primary School ICT blog.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students.
- Students will only be identified by their first names.
- Posts will not include personal details about students such as addresses or family information.
- Parents who wish to post a comment are asked to use their first names only please.
- Students are not encouraged to post comments on their own, as this requires them to sign up for their own email account. Students are able to post comments with their parent’s assistance and permission.
- Always write in correct grammar (no text talk).
- A teacher approves all comments before they will be included on the blog.
- All students included in the blog have parent permission to have their work and/or photograph displayed on the Internet.
- A teacher will check posts written by students before being published.
We have researched the blogging guidelines that other schools are using and would like to thank Kathleen Morris from Leopold Primary School who has a fantastic blog that we have used to base many of our guidelines on.